Only 16 are left.

The best 16 volleyball teams in the country are facing off this weekend in venues around the country. Four regionals — San Diego, Calif; Des Moines, Iowa; Austin, Texas; and Lexington, Ky. — are the hosts of the 12 games that are set to be played on Dec. 11 and 12.

San Diego, Calif., Regional

The No. 1 USC Trojans (32-2), the No. 16 Creighton Bluejays (27-8), the No. 9 Kansas Jayhawks (28-2) and the Loyola Marymount Lions (24-8) make up the four teams that are in the San Diego Regional. 

The Trojans and the Bluejays play on Friday, Dec. 11 at 10 p.m. central time. The match can be found on ESPNU. 

The Jayhawks and the Lions face off on Friday, Dec. 11 at 7:30 p.m. central time. The match will be streamed on ESPN3.

Prediction: USC defeats Creighton, and Kansas defeats Loyola Marymount. I have the No. 1 overall seed USC defeating Kansas to advance to the Final Four. 

Lexington, Ky., Regional

The No. 5 Washington Huskies (30-2), the No. 12 Ohio State Buckeyes (25-9), the No. 4 Nebraska Cornhuskers (28-4) and the No. 13 BYU Cougars (28-3) make up the Lexington, Ky., Regional.

The Huskies and the Buckeyes face off on Friday, Dec. 11 at 6:30 p.m. central time. The match will be streamed on ESPN3. 

The Huskers and the Cougars play on Friday, Dec. 11 at 4 p.m. central time. The match will be streamed on ESPN3.

Prediction: Washington defeats Ohio State, and Nebraska tops BYU. Nebraska edges out Washington for a Final Four bid. 

The winner of the San Diego Regional plays the winner of the Lexington Regional for a shot at the national championship.

Prediction: USC defeats Nebraska. 

Austin, Texas, Regional

The No. 3 Texas Longhorns (27-2), the No. 14 UCLA Bruins (25-7), the No. 6 Wisconsin Badgers (28-6) and the No. 11 Florida Gators (24-6) make up the Austin, Texas, Regional.

The Longhorns and the Bruins face off on Friday, Dec. 11 at 7 p.m. central time. The match will be streamed on ESPN3. 

The Badgers and the Gators face off on Friday, Dec. 11 at 4:30 p.m. central time. The match will be streamed on ESPN3.

Prediction: Texas tops UCLA, and Wisconsin defeats Florida, with Texas upending Wisconsin for a bid to the Final Four.

Des Moines, Iowa, Regional

The No. 7 Penn State Nittany Lions (28-5), the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (28-1), the No. 2 Minnesota Golden Gophers (28-4) and the Illinois Fighting Illini (21-12) make up the Des Moines, Iowa, Regional.

The Nittany Lions and the Rainbow Warriors face off on Friday, Dec. 11 at 7:30 p.m. central time. 

The Golden Gophers and the Fighting Illini face off on Friday, Dec. 11 at 5 p.m. central time. The match will be streamed on ESPN3.

Prediction: Penn State defeats Hawaii, and Minnesota defeats Illinois, with Minnesota toppling Penn State to move on to the Final Four.

The winner of the Austin Regional and the winner of the Des Moines Regional are pit against each other to advance to the national championship.

Prediction: Minnesota defeats Texas to take on USC in the national championship. And in the final, USC finishes the job, winning its seventh national title.

— Edited by: Dani Malakoff