092315_vbcvskstate_missyminear-21.jpg

Junior libero Cassie Wait celebrates Wednesday night against Kansas State. The Jayhawks defeated the Wildcats in four sets.

Another day, another win. It's been as simple as that for the Kansas volleyball team this year. The Jayhawks defeated the West Virginia Mountaineers 3-0 (25-14, 25-18, 25-12), moving to 15-0 on the season.

No. 12 Kansas (15-0) dominated offensively, posting a program record of .597 in attack percentage.

Major factors in the high attack percentage were sophomore outside hitter Madison Ridgon, sophomore right side hitter Kelsie Payne and junior middle blocker Janae Hall. The trio came through on all of their attacks without an error. Ridgon led Kansas with 11 kills. Payne recorded nine kills; Hall added six. Senior outside hitter Tiana Dockery also posted a double-digit kill total (10).

"The first number that pops out is that .597 hitting percentage," coach Ray Bechard said. "That's a pretty ridiculous number. [There were] only four hitting errors in three sets, which is another great number."

Junior libero Cassie Wait has moved to No. 9 all-time in program history in digs. Wait has 1,043 digs over her career thus far. Wait's 19 on the afternoon bumped her above Katie Martincich (2006-09) and Emily Brown (2004-07). She has two more digs to go to move to No. 8 all-time to tie Cyndee Kanabel (1990-93). The Kansas digs leader is Brianne Riley (2010-13); she amassed 2,053 digs over her career.

"[Wait]'s in her third year and in that first year she was playing behind Bri Riley, so she didn't get to play as much. So that number would be a lot higher," Bechard said. "She's as good as they get when it comes to being a coachable kid and being a kid that is pretty ferocious in her attitude about how hard she plays. I think she's, for me, the ultimate in what you want to see in a competitor in that position."

Both Ridgon and sophomore setter Ainise Havili sung Wait's praises after the match. 

"I definitely take [Wait] for granted at times, [for] how much she really does," Havili said. "I cheat, so much, and she covers more than her share of everything. It really shows out there."

Next up for the Jayhawks is a road match in Lubbock, Texas where Kansas takes on Texas Tech. First serve is scheduled for 6 p.m. on Oct. 7.