Twitter Roundup (copy) 4.4

#kubball fans react to OSU nearly topping Texas Tech on the road

Right before the Cowboys prepare to take on the Jayhawks in Stillwater, Oklahoma, they first travelled to Lubbock, Texas, to face off against the Texas Tech Red Raiders, a program that nearly 30-balled Kansas two games ago.

Presenting a much better showing than the Jayhawks, Oklahoma State took the No. 11-ranked Red Raiders to overtime, eliciting much reaction from the Kansas fanbase.

What stood out the most of the Cowboys’ performance was the hot-hand of Lindy Waters III, who knocked down five threes in the end of regulation and overtime, including the buzzer beater to send it to extra minutes. Needless to say, the Jayhawk faithful hope Waters’ flame burns out before it returns to Sillwater. 

Tip off against Oklahoma State is set for 11 a.m. on Saturday.

Jeff Long shows off his skills on the court

Appreciated across campus for, amongst other reasons, his impressive Twitter game, athletic director Jeff Long again shocked Jayhawk Twitter, this time with a no-look shot from three-point range.

Following this shot, Long continues to be a fan-favorite amongst Kansas fans and students.

Kansas swim and dive breaks school records

On the first day of the Big 12 Championships, #KUswimdive picked up two school records, one by junior Jenny Nusbaum in the 200-yard freestyle at 1:45.68 and another in the 800-yard freestyle relay by the team of Nusbaum, senior Haley Bishop, freshman Claire Campbell, and sophomore Lauryn Parrish.

As day two of the Big 12 Championships begin, swim and dive fans, as well as coach Clark Campbell, have taken to Twitter to express their support for the women.