Women's Swim & Dive vs. Iowa State

Then-freshman Jenny Nusbaum competes in the 200 yard freestyle on Feb. 3, 2017 against Iowa State.

Kansas wrapped up its third and final day at the USA Winter National Championships in Greensboro, North Carolina, with a pair of top-3 finishes in the ‘B’ finals.

Freshman Kate Seward rounded out the final race for all Jayhawk swimmers with a second-place finish in the ‘B’ final of the 200-meter breaststroke.

Seward’s time of 2:32:70 was good enough to make the Olympic Trial cut. This was the first weekend to qualify for the 2020 trials.

Sophomore Lauryn Parrish finished her impressive weekend with a third-place mark in 200-meter backstroke ‘B’ final.

In all, seven Jayhawks competed over the weekend with several setting personal bests across the array of races.

Coming off her Most Valuable Swimmer performance at the Kansas Classic, junior Jenny Nusbaum set personal bests in the 400-meter freestyle and 200-meter individual medley on Thursday. 

“[Nusbaum] swam the 400 free the way that you need to swim it to get a best time,” Kansas coach Clark Campbell said, according to a Kansas Athletics press release.

Junior Elizabeth Amato-Hanner also set her own personal best time in the 200-meter individual medley with a time of 2:21:16. 

On Friday, Nusbaum tied her personal best in the 200-meter freestyle that landed her a sixth-place finish in the ‘B’ finals.

Seward was impressive all weekend as she also picked up a fifth-place finish in the 100-meter breaststroke ‘B’ final.

“For a team that doesn’t get a lot of long-course we were really pleased with how it went,” Campbell said in a Kansas Athletics press release.

This weekend was the last competition for the Jayhawks in 2018 as they will finish out the first half of the season with a 4-0 record in dual meets, a Kansas Classic victory and a lot of experience gained from this weekend.

The short course time trials meet began Sunday morning at 8 a.m.

Kansas will start 2019 and the second half of its season on Jan. 11 in a double dual against Northern Arizona and Northern Colorado in Flagstaff, Arizona.