Kansas Relays Rylee Anderson.jpg

Freshman Rylee Anderson competes during the Kansas Relays Friday, April 19.

Two Jayhawks are preparing to compete in the United States Track & Field U-20 Outdoor Championships this weekend. The event runs Friday, June 21, through Sunday, June 23 at Ansin Sports Complex in Miramar, Florida.

Freshmen triple jumper Treyvon Ferguson and high jumper Rylee Anderson will compete on Sunday at the junior national championships.

Ferguson and Anderson will be competing for one of two spots in their respective events on the U.S. team for the 2019 Pan American U-20 Championships in San Jose, Costa Rica, July 19-21.

trackkansasrelays

Freshman Treyvon Ferguson competes in long jump at the Kansas Relays Saturday, April 20.

Ferguson was named a 2019 Outdoor Second Team All-American for his personal best triple jump of 16.18 meters. This performance earned him a 10th-place finish at the NCAA Outdoor Championships in Austin, Texas, the fifth-best by a Jayhawk.

Anderson finished her freshman season placing third at the Big 12 Outdoor Track & Field Championships, and qualified for the NCAA West Preliminary round where she finished tied for 30th. She also received Second Team All-American honors for her indoor performance.

Anderson and Ferguson will compete on Sunday at 4 p.m. and 4:45 p.m. respectively. The event will be broadcast live on USATF.TV, with the field events only being broadcast if the schedule allows.