092315_vbcvskstate_missyminear-8.jpg

Senior outside hitter Tiana Dockery passes the ball Wednesday against Kansas State. The Jayhawks beat the Wildcats in four sets.

Now that Kansas volleyball has a conference home game under its belt, it's time to turn to the next page: a Big 12 game on the road.

No. 15 Kansas (13-0, 1-0) squares off at TCU (10-3, 0-1) on Saturday for its first conference road test of the season.

So far on the road the Jayhawks have been relatively perfect, dropping only two sets away from Horejsi. 

But this is Big 12 volleyball. This is different.

SCOUTING TCU

The TCU Horned Frogs boast a 10-3 record on the season. Two of those three losses came against ranked opponents.

TCU played then-No. 23 San Diego on Sept. 5 and suffered its first loss of the season in a sweep.

This week, TCU opened conference play against No. 2 Texas and also lost 0-3.

TCU IN STATISTICS

TCU isn't ranked in as many categories as Kansas, but the areas TCU is nationally ranked in are respectable.

Junior middle blocker Regan McGuire is ranked No. 3 nationally in blocks per set (1.71) as well as No. 4 nationally in total blocks (72). As a team, TCU is ranked No. 15 in blocks per set (2.8), No. 35 in hitting percentage (.264) and No. 48 in total blocks (120.0). 

ALL-TIME HISTORY

The history of Kansas-TCU volleyball has only started to blossom since the Horned Frogs joined the Big 12 in 2012. The only time the two teams played before that was in 1999. Kansas lost that inaugural match 2-3.

Overall, Kansas owns the ledger 5-2.

Last season, Kansas and TCU split the two games. Kansas won in Lawrence (3-0) but fell in Fort Worth, Texas (3-2). 

GAME TIME

Kansas has first serve at TCU 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26.

— Edited by Maddy Mikinski