Theatre & Performance

The Kansas Abortion fund held a showing of Eve Ensler's "The Vagina Monologues" at Liberty Hall last Wednesday to raise awareness about women's rights. The performance comes in light of the Supreme Court's overturn of Roe v. Wade and the Kansas primary election on Aug 2, which has an amendment that could allow legislators to outlaw abortion.

The teenage years are not easy for anyone. Between first kisses, extracurriculars, and college decisions, adolescence is no walk in the park. But Flora Billen has more on her plate than the average high school endeavors: at just 15 years old, Billen, a sophomore at Lawrence's Veritas Christi…

Ghosting Lawrence implemented new COVID-19 protocols and is performing tours until Nov. 1. CHALK writer Elizabeth Walters learns more about Haunted downtown Lawrence and meets ghosts from the city's history. 

For this week's "What to Read This Week," Kansan arts contributor Taylor Worden suggests novels that were either adapted into plays or center around theater arts.

In this week's episode, Wyatt and Nicole are joined by arts contributor Taylor Worden and senior reporter Lucy Peterson to talk about our favorite playlists, Hamilton, fan fiction, One Direction and more!

Subscribe to our podcasts on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or anywhere you get podcasts.

View previous campaigns.