Men's basketball vs. Georgia (copy)

Sophomore forward Carlton Bragg Jr. attempts to save a ball in the game against Georgia. Bragg has been charged with possession of drug paraphernalia following his suspension from the team last week, and is set to appear in court on Feb. 14.

After being suspended from the Kansas men's basketball team last week, sophomore forward Carlton Bragg Jr. has been charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.

The Kansan confirmed the charge through the City of Lawrence Municipal Court Monday morning. Bragg is set to appear in court at 10 a.m. on Feb. 14.

The municipal court told the Kansan on Monday that the alleged incident occurred on Dec. 17. 

Last week, Coach Bill Self said that Bragg's suspension is not related to the investigation of a sexual assault that allegedly occurred in McCarthy Hall in the early hours of Dec. 18.

According to the police report obtained by the Kansan, two glass smoking devices were confiscated by police on the night of the alleged assault.

Associate KU Athletics Director Jim Marchiony issued a statement to the Kansan via email late Monday morning.

"We're going to let Bill's quote stand: He was suspended for a violation of team rules," Marchiony said. 

In early December, Bragg served a one-game suspension from the team while facing a battery charge. That charge was later dropped by the Douglas County District Attorney's Office.

Skylar Rolstad and Chandler Boese contributed to this report.