DIY: Edible underwear

After microwaving, the Starbursts should be warm and soft. Using a rolling pin, slowly applying only a little pressure, roll out the candies to smash them together and make the underwear the size you need it.

Add a little spice to your sex life by dressing up in something that can be licked-or eaten-right off you. Edible underwear is not known for its excellent taste, though. "It was gross. Seriously it tasted like stale Twizzlers," says Katie Eads, Kansas State alumnus. Why not make the experience taste good? Pick up your favorite fruity candy and fashion a pair of your own for $5 or less.

I began by unwrapping and laying out Starbursts on wax paper. Place the candies in an upside down triangle formation one layer thick. This will make the front of the panties. Use a variety of colors or create a pattern for a vibrant look. Make the layout slightly smaller than will fit. Once all of the candies are laid out, place the wax paper in the microwave for 30 seconds.

After microwaving, the Starbursts should be warm and soft. Using a rolling pin, slowly applying only a little pressure, roll out the candies to smash them together and make the underwear the size you need it. Make the back of the underwear using the same method.

Next, fashion the sides out of Twizzlers.

I used strings from the pull-and-peels and wove them together in an under, over pattern to make the panty strings. Lift the top corner of the underwear and slide the end of the Twizzlers underneath. Stick everything back in the microwave for 10 seconds. Press the Starbursts firmly onto the Twizzlers to "glue" them together. Do the same to attach the Twizzler sides to the back of the underwear. Place everything in the refrigerator for a few minutes to harden the candy.

Try using whatever candy you enjoy most. You could even use string or thread and Froot Loops for a crunchier pair.