Men's basketball vs. K-State

Freshman guard Josh Jackson drives around K-State's Wesley Iwundu on Jan. 3 in Allen Fieldhouse. Jackson finished with 22 points, nine rebounds and six assists in the Jayhawks' 90-88 victory over the Wildcats.

Former Kansas guard Josh Jackson has been granted diversion for a misdemeanor count of vandalism.

As a result of the diversion agreement from the Douglas County District Court, Jackson will have to pay $558, write an apology letter, complete 20 hours of community service and participate in anger management classes. He will also not be permitted to consume alcohol or drugs for a year.

By entering in diversion, Jackson takes responsibility for damaging the car of one of Kansas’ female student athletes in December. The student athlete reported that her car had been damaged on Dec. 9 at the Yacht Club on Wisconsin Street.

Kansas Athletics declined to comment on Monday about Jackson’s diversion agreement.

According to the affidavit released in March, the female student athlete had thrown a drink in the face of Jackson’s teammate, Lagerald Vick, earlier in the night and Jackson had confronted her later in the parking lot, soon after damaging her front bumper and door.

As a result of the diversion agreement, Jackson will have to pay $250 in restitution to the student athlete’s father, the legal owner of the car. Jackson also owes $150 in diversion fees and $158 in court costs. If Jackson does not follow through on the diversion agreement, he'll have to pay over $3,000 in restitution, the total damage that was done to the car.

Jackson enters into the diversion agreement as he prepares for the NBA Draft. The draft takes place on June 22, and Jackson has been tabbed by several mock drafts and NBA analysts to be selected within the first three picks. NBA.com’s latest mock draft has Jackson going to the Philadelphia 76ers with the third selection.

Because of Jackson’s diversion agreement on property damage charge, he will not be able to get diversion on his pending case in the Lawrence Municipal Court, which includes three traffic violations for allegedly hitting an unattended car in a campus parking lot. Jackson was suspended for one game in regard to this incident during the Big 12 tournament. His court appearance for that case is scheduled for Friday at 9 a.m.