Memorial Stadium Rendering

Kansas Athletics unveiled renderings of a renovated Memorial Stadium as part of a $350 million fundraising campaign.

University alumnus David Booth announced Friday night at The Jayhawk Club a $50 million donation to a Kansas Athletics fundraising campaign that is part of a $350 million, five-year strategic vision.

According to a Kansas Athletics news release, a large majority of the campaign is focused on renovations to Memorial Stadium, which will begin following the 2017 season with the construction of a $15 million indoor football practice facility.

Booth, along with Chancellor Douglas Girod, announced his donation and heaped praise on Athletics Director Sheahon Zenger and football coach David Beaty. 

"In listening to Sheahon's vision of many years, and believing in where Coach Self's program is and where Coach Beaty's program is headed, I am proud to support my alma mater's athletic program," Booth said in the release. "I believe Sheahon's plan for football and basketball is essential not only to the future of Kansas Athletics, but also to the university as a whole."

Girod, who took over for former Chancellor Bernadette Gray-Little in July, said the campaign — called Raise The Chant — addresses an "institutional priority" for the University.

"In recent years, we have transformed the university with nearly $1 billion in new and renovated facilities, and this is the next step in that transformation," Girod said in the release. "I have the utmost confidence in Sheahon and believe we have the right people at the right time for this campaign."

After phase one of the Memorial Stadium renovation project is complete, improvements to the south end zone and the west side of the stadium will begin after the 2018 season.

Enhancements to the north end zone and the east side of the stadium will begin at a time to be determined, according to the release. 

In addition to significant upgrades to the football stadium, Zenger and Girod also announced plans to construct a new volleyball facility, renovate Hoglund Ballpark and bring new additions to Allen Fieldhouse. 

Stewart Horejsi and his family pledged $10 million to the campaign, earmarked to construct a new 3,000-seat arena for the defending Big 12 champion volleyball program. 

Construction on the Horejsi Family Volleyball Arena will begin immediately following the 2017 season, according to the release.

"My family and I have been thrilled to watch all the success of KU volleyball as it outgrew the current Horejsi Family Athletics Center," Horejsi said in the release.  "We loved the concept of the new arena, especially Sheahon's vision of connecting a hospitality area to the existing one in Allen Fieldhouse."

Zenger also announced a restructured apparel deal with Adidas, which will bring in $191 million over the next 14 years, according to the release.