Baseball vs Missouri State

Then-redshirt junior Blake Goldsberry pitches against Missouri State. Kansas defeated Missouri State 11-6 Tuesday, April 9, 2019.ย 

Former Kansas baseball pitcher Blake Goldsberry officiallyย signed a contract with the Colorado Rockies Friday. Goldsberry went undrafted in the 2020 MLB Draft and signed with the Rockies as a free agent.

โ€œSo grateful for the opportunity to live out my childhood dream of representing my hometown team,โ€ Goldsberry wrote on Twitter. โ€œThank you to everyone who has supported me along the way and helped me get to where I am today. Go Rockies!โ€ย 

The Highlands Ranch, Colorado, native was a redshirt senior before COVID-19 cut the 2020 baseball season short. Goldsberry made seven appearances in relief, totaling 10 innings pitched with no earned runs and a single walk to eight strikeouts.ย 

Goldsberry finished his redshirt junior season with a career-high 31 appearances and 43 2/3 innings pitched. He pitched five seasons with the Jayhawks, appearing in 80 games and pitching 125.0 innings. Goldsberry also garnered 91 total strikeouts in his career.

"Blake Goldsberry has been a tremendous teammate in the five years he has been with Kansas baseball,โ€ Kansas baseball coach Ritch Price said in a Kansas Athletics press release. โ€œIt is exciting to see him live his dream of becoming a professional baseball player, and for all of his hard work and dedication to pay off."

Goldsberry graduated from KU in May. He was a two-time Academic All-Big 12 First Team honoree.ย