Kansas basketball is doing what it does best in the offseason: reloading. 

Dedric and K.J. Lawson, former Memphis Tigers and native sons of Memphis, Tennessee, are the newest players who intend to join the Kansas team, per Gary Parrish of CBS Sports.

Kansas Athletics officials declined to comment on the transfers, citing NCAA Bylaws 13.02.13 and 13.10.3. Those bylaws are in reference to publicity after commitments and prospective student athletes.

Dedric Lawson, a sophomore forward and former McDonald's All-American, averaged 19.2 points, 9.9 rebounds and 3.3 assists for the Tigers this season. His 9.9 rebounds averaged led the American Athletic Conference, and his 19.2 points averaged was good for second in the league.

K.J. Lawson, a redshirt-freshman forward, averaged 12.3 points and 8.1 rebounds this season. His rebound average was third in the conference, behind his brother and UCF's Tacko Fall.

Per NCAA transfer rules, the Lawsons will sit out during the 2017-18 season and will be eligible in 2018-19. 

The twosome's transfer was announced last Wednesday, as their father, Keelon Lawson, left the Memphis coaching staff.

The Lawson brothers aren't the first former Memphis Tigers to join a Self-led team. Former Jayhawk forward Tarik Black transferred from Memphis after the 2012-13 season.

— Edited by Brenna Boat