Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik, Harry Styles

In this Nov. 23, 2014 file photo Liam Payne, from left, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik and Harry Styles of the musical group One Direction arrive at the 42nd annual American Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles. The band recently split up, and put some of those left over hard feelings on Twitter.

It appears there are still some hard feelings between One Direction members regarding the group’s breakup.

Band members Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik broke into an argument on Twitter yesterday afternoon, starting with an apparent subtweet Tomlinson sent regarding Malik and a picture he had taken with producer Naughty Boy. The photo, posted by Naughty Boy, showed Malik and the producer posing in a highly-filtered photo.

Captioned “Replace this,” the photo appeared to be taken using Apple’s Photo Booth application. Two hours later, Tomlinson tweeted the following:

Although the tweet did not directly mention either Naughty Boy or Malik, it was obvious whom the tweet referred to, especially with the tweet Tomlinson would send later directly to Naughty Boy.

Malik responded directly to the later tweet from Tomlinson:

The fight, followed closely by One Direction’s fans, who call themselves “Directioners,” inspired the hashtags #TomlinsonSlaysAgain and #LouisDefenseSquad, reflecting a popular feeling of hostility towards Malik. Malik left the popular boy band in March, and fans were distraught to find him launching a solo career shortly after his departure.

The dramatic Twitter fight only seemed to further demonstrate Malik’s character to fans, who took to Twitter in droves to express their opinions.

The tweets from Malik’s and Tomlinson’s accounts are still visible on Twitter, perhaps to forever mark a new era in the One Direction fandom.

— Edited by Mackenzie Clark